Monday, September 24, 2007

Best.Barkday.Ever.

Hi everydog and Hazel! It's me . . . the Barkday Girl! Sorry it took me so long to share the details of my pawty! It was so awesome - check this stuff out!

I got this cool PINK camo bone! It's super tough and pretty, just like me! (The coordinating green one is for Wiley . . . who already had his Barkday in June. WTD?)



I also got a PINK tire! Now I only need three more and then I'll be able to take a road trip to the next Disco Pawty on Jackman Ave. Woo hoo!



I also got this really cool aligator thingy.



Who now looks like this. Hee hee.



This thing is so funny to me. It's soft and squeaky and totally fun. I can't even explain it.



Oh! And I got a Bar-B-Chew Rib Rack! Did you hear that? MY OWN RIB RACK!!!



And a side of corn! Not just any corn, but corn that tastes LIKE BACON!



Sweet baby Jesus! Would you look at these bones?!?!?! They are filled with PEANUT BUTTER and some stuff called granola!



I didn't get all of my Barkday gifts at once, which I thought was kinda dumb and weird, but Mom thought that I would be "overwhelmed" and "possessive." Whatever. It ended up being even more fun to get a new toy here and there throughout the day. I was so totally excited, I even let Wiley join in on my Barkday fun!

We both wanted the tire.



But I got the PINK camo bone!



And Wiley knew the green one was for him.



But then I think my unexpected graciousness got to Wiley's head because he started to want EVERYTHING! Look at this!



And this!



I told him, "I'll let you have the corn, but don't even THINK about touching MY RIB RACK!"



I didn't let it out of my sight for the rest of the day.



Oh, and I got my corn and my PINK tire back, btw. I'm no idiot, and they're mine, after all.



It was around the time that I was just settling in for a nice, long chew when a certain rodent who has been stealing my food decided to CRASH MY BARKDAY PAWTY! Can you believe the nerve???? I have to admit that I was so deeply enthralled with my corn that I didn't even see him scurry beneath the couch. It wasn't until Daddy came creeping over with a strange metal contraption that I knew some THING or some RODENT had crashed my pawty.



I tried with all of my might to get the little bugger but Daddy got him first and spared his smelly life. Humans are so bizarre . . . doesn't Daddy realize that it would have been the perfect addition to my Bar-B-Chew extravaganza?!?!?!



Ugh. He set it free in the yard, but I'm telling you - if that little vermin sets foot in my house again or even THINKS about crashing another one of my pawties, his tail is mine! (And oh what a tail it is! Lick!)

That stupid mouse totally rained on my Barkday parade. But just when it seemed like my pawty couldn't be recovered, I saw a flicker of light coming from the kitchen. Daddy lifted me up and what to my wondering eyes did appear? A HUGE, super-sized PINK cupcake with a sparkling candle! Just for ME!



Mom said the cupcake looked like a little piggy when she bought it - it had ears and a snout and two little black eyes just like mine, but it fell over when she drove it home from the store. She tried to salvage it and was so upset that it got ruined but I was like, "Are you kidding me? I don't care!" She cut a piece off and gave it to me on my very own cocktail plate!



Wiley had some, too, but he's gotten enough face on my Barkday blog. Suffice to say he loved the cupcake, too.

After all was said and done, it was probably my best Barkday EVER. I think I'm still seeing PINK . . . but only in my dreams because I've pretty much been sleeping ever since.



I may be three but, really, I don't think I look a day over two.

Sweet Barkday dreams,
Fievel

10 comments:

Kerrio said...

Happy Barkday Hazel.. you have a seriously large haul of barkday toys there...!

Anonymous said...

I feel so much better that you actually mentioned me!!!! I feel like the Queen that I am.
You did get a big haul of presents and they were really cool. I am glad that you did share with Wiley although it seems like he sort of helped himself.
Next year it would be nice to invite me to your party since I AM your AUNT. I would have taken care of that rodent for you in no time!!!!

Poppy said...

Wow wow wow!!! You got so many great presents plus a cupcake of your very own!!! Happy Birthday!!!

Poppy

Lizzy said...

Happy Birthday! Oh wow, you've got so much stuff! I'm gettin' jealous.

Sparky

Sophie Brador said...

Hazel, Hazel. What a wicked barkday. I would be thrilled if a rodent crashed my party. All that excitement!! I do think your dad should have just let you at it, but you go figure those humanitarians. Nice haul on the presents, although that one whose body you removed looks a little disturbing now. Maybe your mom can use it to baste a turkey.

Sophie Brador said...

P.S. I think you need to go make your very own dancing video ... there's a link on mine. Try it!

Ferndoggle said...

What an awesome barkday celebration! You got so many good presents!! My barkday is next month & I can only HOPE to be as lucky!

Lola

Bentley and Niko said...

you look like you had a totally fun birthday! That cupcake looks delish! Happy belated birthday!

ChaChi Lu said...

Happy Barkday!

You have some lovely toys and I just love how you have "personalized" them.

Best wishes for another great year!
~ChaChi Lu and JET

A&S said...

Awwwww. Sorry we missed ur barkday, looks like it was grrreat!